Saturday, June 7, 2008

guitarring

I had forgotten how much I enjoy just sitting around strumming my guitar. I spent about an hour the past couple of evenings picking and plucking my way through a bunch of stuff and it was a lot of fun.

One of the benefits of being able to play an instrument (especially guitar...or piano...or banjo...or something of that sort) is that you can play accompaniment for yourself for any tune you know.

Tonight I spent most of the time singing through hymns that I've transcribed for guitar and it was a good time of worship, praising my God for his great salvation.

Find some time to do the same, if you can.

-joe

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

man, I hear you - I just sat down and played for a couple hours yesterday and I forgot how good it feels just to play - not to mention worshipping