Saturday, August 29, 2009

a winner. and

First, the winner of Compelled by Love is Justin Lunsford. I wrote down everyone's name and used random.org to get a number. I'll give it to him Sunday at church.

Second, does anyone know anything about Native American spiritual thought or life? The reason I ask is because I ran across a very, very interesting statement in one of the texts I'm reading for my lit. class.

"But these four spirits are only one Spirit after all, and this eagle feather here is for that One, which is like a father..."

It's not Trinitarian (because there are four and they are all spirits) but it has the idea of 3 in 1. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of any other religion having a concept like the Trinity.

The statement is made as commentary to an interview with an Indian named Black Elk. It was written in 1932 so there is the possibility that this is later theology influenced by Christianity...but it's still pretty interesting.

-joe

No comments: