Wednesday, October 17, 2007

conversion

I read a post today by Tullian Tchividjian. He talks about whether or not it is important to pinpoint the exact moment of salvation.

I've wrestled with this for several years. Some have told me that I was saved much earlier, at the age of 5 or 6. Others have referred to my baptism as the age and time (which I just found the date of in a Bible: 4/20/97...I was baptized at Faith Outreach Center...and I don't remember it at all...real meaningful).

I refer to my salvation as a time during the summer of 2003. I don't know a date. I don't know much of anything, just that my life drastically changed, inwardly. I became a new person.

I've thought the same thing as Pastor Tchividjian when he writes

It frustrated me not knowing for sure whether my relationship with God began when I was five and “prayed the prayer” or when I was twenty-one and my life clearly changed. Did I become a Christian when I was five and then simply rebelled until I was twenty-one, at which point I rededicated my life to God? Or did I become a Christian for the first time at twenty-one? I didn’t know, and it really bothered me. I wanted to pinpoint the time and place.


So, if any of you have struggled...I side with Tullian and Arnie...the end is what matters most.

-joe

No comments: