Tuesday, January 5, 2010

matthew's begats

I think I've posted the song before (and probably linked to it several times) but this week "Matthew's Begats" really made Scripture become a little more readable for me.

I'm currently reading through 1 Chronicles and the first few chapters are a bit...cumbersome? They aren't even offical "begats" because it simply lists people, like this "Adam, Seth, Enosh; Kenan, Mahalalel, Jared; Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech; Noah, Shem, Ham, and Japheth." This could get old really quickly.

But, thankfully, I have nearly memorized Andrew Peterson's tune and I was able to pick my way through much of the text by trying to figure out the lineage of Jesus. It was much better.

My advice: learn to love this song so that you can better appreciate the begats (or the lists, if you will.)



-joe

1 comment:

OAG said...

Don't forget about the three people skipped between Joram and Uzziah.