Saturday, October 3, 2009

ode to buffalo

OK, so it's not an ode. It's a list, but "list to buffalo" just doesn't have much of a ring to it.

Ray and Barb definitely showed me a good chunk of the town in the 22.5 hours I was here. Here are the places that I've been:

Mighty Taco...good, cheap Mexican-like food. Think Taco Bell but tastier and cheaper.

Kenmore United Methodist Church...this is where my youth group will be doing a short mission trip this spring.

Anchor Bar...the home of the original "Buffalo wing." They were delicious.

Niagra Falls...complete with a Cave of the Winds drenching. Definitely an amazing place.

And the last place we ate was called Anderson's I think. I had a "beef on weck" which is apparently just as native as wings. I give it a hearty thumbs up.

So hats off to the McCabe's. They were excellent hosts.

One more trip and this guys travels are done. Hallelujah!

-joe

No comments: