Thursday, November 26, 2009

thanksgiving

One day a year millions confess to God their thankfulness for all things earthly. Food, family, friends, cars, houses. Some of them include spiritual blessings.

It is good to be thankful for these things, but it is dangerous to do it once a year. It is dangerous to do it without also pleading with God that you would not be more content with things than you should be. If your entire thanksgiving is based on physical gifts then likely you have forgotten that his "kindness is meant to lead us to repentance."

Physical things lead to spiritual blindness. I thank God for what I have and plead with Him not to let me be entombed by it. I cry out with Pastor Larry Stutzman "if God does not love me, there is nothng in the world to be thankful for because it all comes to nothing, and that right soon."

-joe

No comments: