Sunday, January 6, 2008

my sister...and some encouragement

For anyone who doesn't know, my older sister Amy, is a missionary in Honduras. She was down for 10 months last year and is returning after 7 months back in the states raising support. She goes down to Indy tomorrow (monday) and will fly out early (6am) on Tuesday. Thanks to Rachel and her roommates for housing her and getting her there early.

Please pray for my sister and the entire team down at Escuela El Sembrador. Pray that God would be magnified and the lives of the boys and the mission teams would be radically altered by the love of Christ and that He would redeem them for Himself.

And, on a completely unrelated note, I got some great encouragement tonight after youth group.

We just started a few week series on Biblical Manhood and Womanhood and I asked for any questions after my intro to the topic. I got a couple of responses and one of them read like this:

Hey Joe...
I don't have a question, but I just wanted to say this is amazing...I feel so blessed to be a part of this youth group and I'm pretty sure this is changing my life so wonderfully!!.
Thanks...dude!

It was good to hear that the at least one of the kids in my group is knowing Christ more.

Hope the weekend went well,

-joe

No comments: