Monday, June 8, 2009

Matt Henning

Matt and I met in college and started hanging out sometime at the beginning of our senior year. He went to IUPUI and I went to Butler but we both went to the same Campus Crusade meetings.

For most of that year we spent many late nights reading and writing commentary and theology. We also came up with some horrible ideas that, thankfully by the grace of God, never saw the light of day.

Matt was also the brainchild behind our infamous band Sealed.

Matt's a guy who is passionate about evangelism and discipleship and here are his answers to the questions:

What is the name of and location of your mission?

Indiana Cru: State of Indiana


Why did you decide to get into the ministry?

I believe college is right before students get married, start families, and begin a life in the church. Who they marry, how they raise a family, and what church they submit too-- is quite possibly the 3 most important decisions of their life.

What kinds of things do you do in your work to spread the gospel?

I run ministry at Butler University, Notre Dame, and IPFW. This year I will also be taking Valparaiso University. I disciple men, lead bible studies, organize outreaches, and hold weekly meetings at each campus. In a nutshell, I don't stop working and living life with college students.

Who has been the most influential person in your life?

Pastor John Piper

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Only God knows, but hopefully pouring myself out like a drink offering somewhere...

-------------
I encourage you to check Matt out at his website (where you can pick up his book, read his blog and see some of the papers we wrote in college and financially back him in his ministry.)

Pray for Matt in Indy.

-joe

No comments: