Saturday, July 18, 2009

mission trip

Tomorrow morning I'm heading off to Philadelphia with 5 kids from my church and a girl that I barely know. (She was gracious to step in at the last minute after a chaperone had to step down.)

We'll be working with YouthWorks! which I've heard from my friend, Rachel, is a great organization. I've been getting more and more excited as the day approaches. I can't wait to see the effect of teaming together with 60 other people for the cause of Christ will have on us.

I love mission work and haven't had the chance to go on any short-term trips since I spent the summer of 2005 in Yellowstone with Campus Crusade. I hope this proves to be a good experience and a Christ-exalting time.

Pray that we would be safe, united and good witnesses for Christ. But mostly pray that Jesus will be our focus and that His Gospel would go forward with power while we are there to save those who would believe. That's the whole purpose.

I've got several scheduled posts for next week, I hope you enjoy them. We'll be getting back late Friday night.

In Christ who sustains,

-joe

No comments: