Wednesday, September 30, 2009

tales from the planes...

Funniest things that have happened during my travels:

Middle-aged woman telling her two middle-aged friend that Pluto had been downgraded from being a planet and now there were only 7 in the solar system (maybe she forgot to include Earth?) She then said it had been downgraded to "star status." I must have missed something in my science classes...(If this isn't funny to you, then spend some time Googling stars, planets and Pluto.)

I nearly missed my connecting flight to Tampa because of a gate change. When finally boarding the right plane (and making it 10 minutes late to take-off) the flight attendant made this announcement "This flight is going to Tampa, Florida. If you were planning on going to Fort Lauderdale, then you missed your plane." This was funny for two reason: I had just walked onto the plane noticably late and disheveled AND I had accidentally boarded the plane to Ft. Lauderdale.

The girl next to me on a flight from JFK to Chicago (who was very attractive) was asked out via a note from one of the flight attendants. I did not attempt the suave move of trying to act like her boyfriend. Instead we enjoyed the awkward moments that he walked by for the next 1.5 hours.

I watched a middle aged couple grab each others butts at the terminal. Then, after making me want to gag because of the PDA, they started arguing over where their gate was. The woman stormed off with the husband in pursuit...only to return a few minutes later with the man leading and headed the opposite way. All the while: HUGE signs with directions to gates right in front of them.

Worst moment: not getting any sleep on the overnight back from LA. The two folks next to me were quite large and I couldn't quite fit in my seat. Not a good experience.

-joe

No comments: