Monday, September 17, 2007

scripture highlights

1 Samuel 12:20-24 (various parts of these verses)
"...Do not be afraid; you have done all this evil. Yet do not turn aside from following the Lord, but serve the Lord with all your heart...because it has pleased the Lord to make you a people for himself...Only fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart."
my sin is heavy. but, by the grace of God, i serve Him faithfully. I fear Him. Lord, help me to continue.
-
Jeremiah 7:23 "Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be my people. And walk in all the way that I command you, that it may be well with you."
i remember a camp song of this, the king james version of the verse, but it has stuck all these years. 12 or more years and it still sits there, a golden piece of Scripture tucked into my heart.
-
Psalm 25:7b "according to your steadfast love remember me, for the sake of your goodness, O Lord."
remember me this day God. I remember you, your love on the cross. Displayed for the world. remember the love displayed, God. Be gracious to me.

-joe

No comments: