Tuesday, September 18, 2007

scripture highlights

psalm 10:14-15, 17-18
"But you do see, for you note mischief and vexation,
that you may take it into your hands;
to you the helpless commits himself;
you have been the helper of the fatherless.
Break the arm of the wicked and evildoer;
call his wickedness to account till you find none.
O Lord, you hear the desire of the afflicted;
you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear
to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed,
so that man who is of the earth may strike terror no more."
God, find the broken. Heal them. Give us hearts to reach out. Give me strength to love. Do justice for them.
-
Romans 1:13
"that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine."
I spent two hours with my pastor today. It was a great time of encouragement for me. I hope it was the same for him. Fellowship of believers is so vital.
-
Jeremiah 8:11
"They have healed the wound of my people lightly, saying, 'Peace, peace,' when there is no peace."
I see this being played out today, folks claiming peace in the world. But, to me it seems that peace is not here, nor will it be until the end. What is peace? Is it not the great rest we shall find in the love of God?

-joe

No comments: